All figures quoted should be considered as a typical product analysis and may vary due to manufacturing process and raw materials.
- A fine white crystalline product.
- Crystal colour may vary from white – yellow to blue – green and brown due to impurities.
- Granular forms may be produced by compaction, chipping or crystal growth.
- Particle size distribution of granular product typically ranges from 2.0 – 5.5mm.
- Critical Relative Humidity @ 30°C: 79.2.
- Solubility at 20°C: 75.4g / 100ml of water.
- Chemical formula: NH4SO4.
- 21% Nitrogen (N).
- N in the Ammonium (NH4+)form.
- 24 % Sulphur (S).
- S is in Sulphate (SO4–) form.
- Acidification index: 7.14 kg pure lime/kg N or 1.5kg pure lime per kg ammonium sulphate applied.
- Salt index: 69 (relative to Sodium Nitrate @ 100)
AGRONOMIC BENEFITS & CAUTIONS
- N immediately available for plant uptake.
- N losses due to volatilization are very low.
- Ammonium – N doesn’t leach due to its positive charge.
- S is immediately available for plant uptake.
- Highly soluble and may be put through irrigation systems.
- The most acidifying N source and should be used with caution on acidic soils.
- May be used beneficially to drop the pH in alkaline soils and improve availability of micro nutrients.
- Compatible for blending with MAP, LAN, Urea, Potassium Chloride.
Please note: Consult a qualified person (Act 36 of 1947) for specific applications / recommendations.