All figures quoted should be considered as a typical product analysis and may vary due to manufacturing process and raw materials.
- A light / dark grey granular product.
- Particle shape typically spherical to oblong.
- Particle size distribution typically ranging from 2.0 – 5.5mm.
- Critical Relative Humidity @ 30ºC: 59.4 – 65, variance is dependant on chemical stabilisers and coatings used in the production process.
- Critical Thermal Cycling temperature: 30 – 35ºC; manufacturers specification is normally printed in the bag.
- Store in a cool dry shed out of direct sunlight.
- 28% Nitrogen (N).
- N concentration may not exceed 28% in compliance with the Explosives Act (Act 26 of 1956).
- 14 % N in Nitrate (NO3–) form and 14% N in Ammonium (NH4+) form.
- Ca content: 3.95 – 4.8%
- Mg Content: 1.6 – 2.6%
- Acidification index: 1.12 kg pure lime/kg N or 0.32kg pure lime per kg LAN
- Salt index: 84 (versus Sodium Nitrate @ 100)
- The N in LAN is immediately available for plant uptake.
- Research has shown that the 1:1 ratio of Ammonium – N to Nitrate – N as supplied by LAN is the ideal ratio for plant uptake in maize production.
- LAN contains calcium and magnesium and is less acidifying to the soil than other forms of N.
- LAN is less prone to N losses through leaching and volatilization than urea.
- Compatible for blending with MAP, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Sulphate, Potassium Nitrate and Ammonium Sulphate.
Please note: Consult a qualified person (Act 36 of 1947) for specific applications / recommendations.